IGL is currently seeking a part-time Team Assistant to join the team.
Salary: £25k - £36k, plus excellent benefits
Closing date: 11 May 2022, 8 a.m.
Fixed term contract. Part-time, 25 hours per week.
The Innovation Growth Lab (IGL) is a global initiative based at Nesta that aims to make innovation and growth policy more impactful through new ideas, increased experimentation and better evidence. We work at the intersection of research and policy, working in partnership with governments, practitioners, foundations and researchers to test different approaches to accelerate innovation, entrepreneurship and growth.
IGL is seeking a Team Assistant who will oversee the day-to-day administration in the team, working closely with our Operations Manager. The Team Assistant will be a vital member of the team ensuring everything behind the scenes runs smoothly and effectively. The ideal candidate will be proactive, well-organised, have excellent attention to detail and high standards of accuracy.
The Team Assistant will:
- Manage the team’s administrative processes, ensuring we comply with business processes as well as any project-specific or IGL partner obligations.
- Using tools such as Salesforce, to ensure project-relevant information is tracked, flows as smoothly as possible, is easily accessible and is kept up to date.
- Supporting the Operations Manager and team with contracting, invoicing, and financial management liaising with Nesta corporate services teams as required.
- Work with the Operations Manager to implement new systems and processes.
- Draft and distribute minutes from IGL Steering Board meetings.
- Provide logistical support to the team in the organisation of in person and remote events.
- Be the first point of contact for incoming emails on team-wide inboxes
- Diary and travel management for the team as required.
- Any other relevant administrational or support duties as may be required by the team, as needs arise.
- Knowledge of office support or administration systems and processes.
- Outstanding administrative, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- A completer/finisher with excellent attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- Strong professional written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with a diverse, high-performing, busy team who are based throughout the UK and in Europe
- Friendly, positive and flexible - someone who has a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoys being part of a busy team, getting things done and strives to be as efficient and effective as possible.
- Adaptable – flexible in approach and able to manage competing and changing priorities.
- Able to use your initiative, spot opportunities to work more effectively, and work independently from time to time.
- Good PC skills (Experience using Google Suite, Salesforce, Asana, Miro would be advantageous).
Host organisation & location & contract term
IGL’s team is primarily based at Nesta in the UK, but IGL has recently opened an office in Spain hosted by the Barcelona School of Economics (BSE).
The successful candidate will become an employee of Nesta if they are based in the UK and an employee of the BSE if they are based in Spain. Please note that appointments in the UK will require having the right to work in the UK, and appointments in Spain will require having the right to work in the EU.
Nesta and BSE have different employment policies and benefits, and the initial contract term length offered is also different: 24 months if based at BSE, up to 31 March 2023 if based at Nesta, with possibilities of extension in both cases (In the past IGL has always extended initial contracts and this continues to be our intention for the future too).
What we offer
Salary: £25k-£36k plus array of benefits, including health cash plans, dental insurance, the ability to buy and sell annual leave, eyecare vouchers and more
Location: London or Barcelona. We offer the flexibility to work remotely as long as the person is able to travel to the office for day trips when necessary. Please note that for appointments made in the UK, employment will be with Nesta, while for appointments made in Barcelona, employment will be with the Barcelona School of Economics.
Term: FTC to 31.03.23 if employed by Nesta and based in London or FTC of
24 months from the start date if employed by BSE and based in Barcelona. Possibility of an extension in both scenarios.
Hours: Part-time (25 hours per week)This is a full-time role but we offer a range of flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to take advantage of them. Many do.
Making an application
To apply for this role, please submit your application before 8:00am on 11th May 2022.
Interviews will take place w/c 16th May 2022.
At Nesta, we believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results.
We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
This means that when we are recruiting, we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to in order to be successful.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including working from home, compressed or part-time hours, job shares and other arrangements.
Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.