On 13-14 June 2017 in Barcelona IGL will host its second annual Global Conference to showcase and debate the latest trends and cutting-edge ideas in innovation, entrepreneurship and growth policy, and the power of experimentation to transform this space.
Building on the success of the last edition, IGL2017 will bring together senior policy-makers, practitioners and researchers to:
- Learn about the next generation of innovation and entrepreneurship policies.
- Engage in wide-ranging discussions on crucial policy challenges including automation, inclusive economic growth, directing public innovation funding, and smart regulation to support innovation.
- Improve your organisation's capability to design policies that deliver measurable impact, using different tools such as randomised trials and big data.
- Meet a global community of peers to learn from and share experiences with each other.
Now with over fifty confirmed speakers including:
- José Miguel Benavente, Competitiveness and Innovation Division Chief, Inter-American Development Bank
- Francesca Bria, Chief Technology and Digital Innovation Officer, Barcelona City Council
- Christopher Cabaldon, Mayor, City of West Sacramento
- Clara Eugenia Garcia, Director General for Research, Development & Innovation, Spanish Government
- Dean Karlan, Professor of Economics, Yale University
- Taina Kulmala, Head of Policy Analysis Unit, Prime Minister’s Office, Finland
- Luiz Martins, Head of Special Projects Area, FINEP (Brazil)
- Mariano Mayer, Secretary for Entrepreneurship and SMEs, Argentinian Ministry of Production
- Andrew Palmer, Business Affairs Editor, The Economist
- Ganesh Rasagam, Practice Manager for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit, World Bank Group
- Raj Thampuram, Managing Director, Singapore Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
Tuesday 13 June will bring together all participants in a series of plenary and interactive parallel sessions and on Wednesday 14 June participants have the choice to attend one of the following:
IGL Policy & Practice Learning Lab – a practical day of workshops tailored specifically to policy-makers and practitioners working in this space; or
IGL Research Meeting – an academic meeting with presentations of design-stage, ongoing and completed randomised controlled trials.